This ad is expired.
MBA Online Lecturer
Faculty Classification: Other
Faculty Status: Temporary Faculty
Department Name: Extended Education
Degree/Program: Executive MBA; MBA
Job Number: PT2020-125
Priority Screening Date:
Recruitment Status: Pool Recruitment
Powered by an inspiring Founding Vision Statement, California State University, Monterey Bay (WWW.CSUMB.EDU) is a comprehensive, mid-sized four-year university whose staff and faculty help transform student lives by emphasizing project-based learning, requiring service learning, and promoting multicultural and global perspectives on and beyond the campus community. CSUMB is both an MSI and HSI and has a vibrant, diverse student body of nearly 7000 students and growing. Our faculty and staff, many of whom live in campus housing, appreciate living and working about one mile from the shores of the beautiful Monterey Bay. As one of the 23 campuses in the California State University (CSU) system, we offer excellent benefits, including housing, and competitive salaries for our faculty and staff. During our 25th Silver Anniversary Celebration in 2019-20, we will complete two major building projects: the College of Arts, Humanities and Social Sciences and the Student Union. By 2030, CSUMBs sustainability initiative is to be carbon neutral.
California State University, Monterey Bay offers non-tenured track teaching appointments by the course to qualified individuals who are dedicated to a quality Masters program. These positions offer an excellent opportunity for individuals to work with other teachers to contribute to, and be a part of, an innovative learning environment.
- Overall time commitment for this position related to 1 course is 15-20 hours per week
- Faculty need to participate by posting feedback, comments, and/or other student-facilitating instruction 4 days per week at a minimum.
- Instruct/facilitate 10-week and/or 5-week, asynchronous courses.
- Initiate, organize, and execute ZOOM-based synchronous sessions with students.
- Assure that your classroom is totally set up one week prior to the start of the term.
- Read all student direct questions and respond within 48 hours.
- Engage students and encourage student participation in discussion areas by posting no fewer than 3 substantive discussion area responses in EACH active discussion FORUM each week.
- Keep your electronic grade book current (post grades within one week after the end of each week) and return graded assignments within a week of submission.
- Provide individualized qualitative feedback on student assignments.
- Attend virtual COB faculty in-services, training, and meetings to further enhance your performance in the classroom.
- Ph.D. degree earned from an accredited university.
- Good teaching performance demonstrated by student evaluations or other acceptable evidence.
- At least two semesters of successful online teaching in a business program.
- Three years of successful teaching in a graduate business program, including at least two semesters of online teaching.
Other Related Information:
SPECIFIC SUBJECT MATTER AREAS:
- Organization and Leadership
- Micro Economics
- Macro Economics
- Innovation & Technology Leadership
- Marketing & Entrepreneurship
- Global Business
- Business Strategy
Special Conditions of Employment:
All offers of employment are contingent upon the successful completion of a background check (including a criminal records check).
The person holding this position is considered a mandated reporter under the California Child Abuse and Neglect Reporting Act and is required to comply with the requirements set forth in CSU Executive Order 1083 as a condition of employment.
The incumbent is required to maintain confidentiality as outlined in the Department of Educations Family Educational Rights and Privacy and Californias Educational Code Chapter 13 regarding sensitive student issues.
Compensation and Benefits:
Campus Housing Information
How to Apply:
To apply, visit https://csumb.peopleadmin.com/postings/5788
Applications will be kept in the pool for up to one year beginning each March 1st. Applicants must reapply annually to express continued interest.
CSUMB continuously accepts applications for pools of part-time faculty. Applications may be submitted to the pool at any time. A separate application is required for each department in which you wish consideration. Whenever possible, indicate times or days available for teaching assignments on your application. Applications will be forwarded to the department chair/selection committee for review. If it is determined that your background and qualifications match the Universitys current needs, you will be contacted to arrange for an interview.
Lecturer appointments are temporary and do not confer tenure. Initial appointments may be for one semester or an academic year. Continuing appointments are contingent upon such factors as performance, enrollment, funding and programmatic need.
For assistance or if you require an accommodation, please call (831) 582-3389. For computer/online access you may visit the Tanimura & Antle Family Memorial Library (map) or University Personnel (map). Please check the links provided for the respective hours and the location of each site.
CSUMB is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. We consider qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, age, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, genetic information, medical condition, disability, marital status, or protected veteran status.
All employees must be eligible for employment in the U.S.
Copyright 2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency