Instructor/Trainer, Industrial Workforce, and Continuing Education
Posting Number: 0000405
Position Status: Part-Time
Department: Workforce Development
Job Summary/Basic Function:
This position is responsible for conducting short-term, customized training for the college's corporate clients and/ or to provide instruction for continuing education classes that are designed to provide individuals with the knowledge and skills necessary to obtain industry employment and related certifications.
Instructors are hired on an a part-time and as-needed capacity to conduct non-credit, open enrollment and contract training in one or more of the following areas:
- Process Operations
- Information Technology
- Project Management
- Six Sigma
Essential job functions include, but are not limited to:
- Develop and/or use a course syllabus and lesson plans for each course by following established institutional guidelines.
- Conduct course instruction.
- Develop and/or maintain instructional supplies.
- Maintain a safe classroom, positive learning environment, and diverse learning opportunities for all students.
- Supervise all students.
- Maintain accurate student accounting records in compliance with Lee College policies.
- Submit required reports to the Program Manager according to schedule.
- Provide counsel/guidance to students as needed.
- Maintain appropriate chain of custody and confidentiality when using proprietary curricula.
College benefits do not accrue with this part-time position. This is a security sensitive position.
Lee College does not discriminate on the basis of gender, disability, race, color, age, religion, national origin, or veteran status.
Qualified candidates must have at least 3 (three) years of related work experience in subject matter, as well as ONE of the following:
- Documented related work experience in area of study,
- Certification(s) in the area of study, or
- Associate degree or higher in the area of study.
Any of the following certifications (partial list) NCCER, OSHA, AWS, ASME, MSSC, etc.
Campus/Location: Main Campus - Baytown, TX
If other, provide location:
Open Until Filled: Yes
Special Instructions to Applicants:
This position requires applicants to attach the following documents: resume, cover letter, copies of certifications in the area of study and copies of transcripts for all completed college work related to teaching field. If college work is not related to teaching field, applicants can attach two (2) Letters of Recommendation in lieu of college transcripts. (Official transcripts required upon employment.)
In addition, applicants must include a minimum of three (3) professional references on the online application.
To apply, visit https://jobs.lee.edu/postings/5047
Lee College is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, which encourages applications from qualified females, minority groups, veterans, and disabled individuals. It is the policy of Lee College to fully comply with the equal opportunity provisions of all applicable regulations and not to discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of gender, disability, race, color, age, religion, national origin, or veteran status in areas such as recruitment, selections, training, promotion, demotion, layoffs, terminations, rates of pay, or any other forms of compensation or benefits.
Copyright 2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency