Director of Online Field Education, School of Social Work (SWSimmons)
Main Campus - Boston, MA
Simmons School of Social Work offers degrees at the bachelor's, master's and doctoral levels (BSW, MSW, DSW, PhD). The MSW degree is offered through both our traditional on ground program and via our innovative online platform, SocialWork@Simmons (SW@S). The Director of Online Field Education is the senior administrator of the SW@S Field Education Department, providing leadership and oversight for the placement and support of approximately 500 MSW students annually across six cohort launches. The Director partners with the on ground Field Education Director to ensure commensurability between the two program options and works closely with MSW Program leadership.
Simmons University is committed to inclusive excellence in all aspects of an individual's community experience. As a university committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion, Simmons encourages applications from all under-represented groups. Simmons is committed to creating, developing, promoting, and enhancing inclusive hiring practices at all levels, for all positions, ensuring diverse talent pools and the delivery of a consistent positive candidate experience. Simmons is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to continuing to develop a diverse faculty, staff, student body, and curriculum.
Simmons University is a small, highly collegial and dynamic university located in the heart of Boston's world-renowned Longwood Medical Area. Simmons is comprised of an undergraduate liberal arts education program for women and those who identify as women, plus professional graduate schools with masters and doctoral programs for all genders, presenting unique and rich opportunities for interdisciplinary research and collaboration. The School of Social Work is part of the College of Social Sciences, Policy, and Practice.
The Director holds a full-time twelve-month administrative position with faculty rank at a level commensurate with a candidate's experience (Associate or Professor of Practice). This position can be remote or located on our Boston campus.
- Leadership and management of all departmental operations including oversight of personnel, department policies initiatives, tracking and reporting of student needs and progress, and other day-to-day functions.
- Manage the relationship with our online partner to ensure the quality of the field experience for our MSW students.
- Oversee approval of new field placements and collaborate with our online partner placement team.
- Design and deliver training to placement team specialists.
- Manage/negotiate the placement process for students when necessary.
- Oversee the hiring, training, supervision, and evaluation of Field Liaisons across six enrollment periods.
- Liaise with the MSW Director and On Ground Field Director to update syllabi, field manual and all other written and video communication related to SW@Simmons field education.
- Design, update and revise Virtual Guide to Field Education for Students and Field Instructors
- Oversee completion of Virtual Guide and dissemination of CEUs for field instructors who have not previously supervised MSW students.
- Oversee the assessment of student learning outcomes and satisfaction in field, and ensure that student learning is assessed in accordance with CSWE EPAS.
- Participate in SSW Committees (e.g., Curriculum and Assessment) and student events as part of service requirement.
- Provide editorial support for The Field Educator, the premier online journal for Field Education.
- Conduct weekly team meetings to review operations, student issues, placement plans, curricular changes, and to discuss needs for coordination with the online platform.
- Serve as point person for higher-level student issues related to online field placements.
- Teaching responsibilities as needed.
- A Master's degree in Social Work from a CSWE accredited program is required.
- A PhD, DSW, or doctorate in an allied field is preferred.
- Must have a minimum of 8 years post-M.S.W. agency-based social work practice experience with evidence of leadership experience with increasing levels of administrative and supervisory responsibilities; LICSW or equivalent required.
- Must have a minimum of 5 years' experience in social work field education, field supervision, and placing social work students in field settings;
- Experience working with online education platforms is strongly preferred.
- Must be proficient with relevant technology (e.g., Microsoft Office and presentation software)
- Experience recruiting, team-building and managing staff
- Creative and innovative, with the ability to work independently and within a team
- Able to adapt to new and rapidly changing situations
- Strong time management and problem-solving skills
- Skilled at connecting and building rapport with students
- Well organized, with excellent skills in customer service and project management
- Excellent interpersonal, oral and written communication skills, with discretion in handling confidential information
Required Application Materials: To apply, please submit a cover letter, curriculum vitae, and writing sample. In addition, please submit the names and contact information of three professional references. Screening of applicants will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.
Instructions to Applicants: Please upload all applicable application materials (e.g. resume/cv, cover letter, writing sample, teaching philosophy, etc.) in the "Resume/CV" box on page 2 ("My Experience") of this application. Documents can be uploaded individually or as a combined document (e.g. PDF).
Simmons University is committed to inclusive excellence in all aspects of an individual's community experience. As a university committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion, Simmons encourages applications from all under-represented groups. Simmons is committed to creating, developing, promoting, and enhancing inclusive hiring practices-at all levels, for all positions-ensuring diverse talent pools and the delivery of a consistent positive candidate experience. Simmons is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to continuing to develop a more diverse faculty, staff, student body, and curriculum.
To apply, visit https://simmons.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/Simmons-Careers/job/Main-Campus---Boston-MA/Director-of-Online-Field-Education--School-of-Social-Work--SW-Simmons-_R07418
Located in Bostons historic Fenway area, Simmons College is a small, private, non-sectarian College which has educated students for enriching careers and purposeful lives since 1899. Working at Simmons means joining a collaborative, diverse and mission-driven community of educators and professionals.
We prepare students to be leaders for themselves, their communities and the world. Our faculty and staff members lead by example - sharing a commitment to excellence and putting the students first.