This ad is expired.
Director of Continuing Education
Job ID: 10525
Location: South Seattle College
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
We are a district of three distinct collegesNorth Seattle College, Seattle Central College, and South Seattle Collegeand five specialty training centers. Which makes us the largest and most diverse community college district in the state of Washington, we are leaders in change and innovation.
As a Seattle Colleges employee, you will have the opportunity to contribute to the passionate work of Equity, Diversity and Inclusion as we work against systemic racism. Additionally, you will gain the rewarding experience of contributing to the success of an open-access learning institution that prepares students for life and work, fostering a diverse, engaged and dynamic community.
Seattle Colleges staff and faculty also enjoy a competitive benefits package, professional development opportunities and enrichment experiences in areas of their choice including, committee, workgroup, and affinity group opportunities.
Salary - 74,000.00 - $87,000.00 (Annually) DOE
First Application Review will be August 9, 2021
The Director of Continuing Education is a full-time exempt position that actively assists the leadership team to carry out the comprehensive mission of the College including fostering relationships and representing the College in the community. The Director of Continuing Education is responsible for the vision, leadership, management, fiscal sustainability and development of the Continuing Education (Cont. Ed) department and its diverse entrepreneurial/revenue-generating programs. The self-supporting Cont. Ed program serves over 2,500 students annually. The Director works closely with the other instructional deans and directors for program implementation and networks with community partners. The Director assists with implementation of specialized training for professionals and business and industry.
Department programs include a non-credit self-supported professional certificate program in Career and Technical Teacher Education (CTE), a lifelong learning program that includes enrichment and computer classes, and short-term online career training programs. Program portfolio also includes a state-supported Senior Adult program.
The Cont. Ed Department at South Seattle College is committed to helping diverse student populations from our local community in advancing a particular skill set or preparing for and obtaining meaningful careers to meet workforce needs. Cont. Ed provides opportunities for people living in similar geographic area to connect.
Under the supervision of the Vice President of Instruction, the Director will guide and lead the Continuing Education department.
This position supervises 4 staff (2 F/T, 2 P/T).
This position is governed by a collective bargaining agreement with representation by AFT-SPS.
- Attached current Resume
- Attached cover letter addressing how you meet the duties, responsibilities, and requirements for the position
- Contact information for three professional reference
- Required application materials must be completed and submitted online
Prior to a new hire, a background check including criminal record history will be conducted. Information from the background check will not necessarily preclude employment but will be considered in determining the applicant's suitability and competence to perform in the position. In addition to the background check, candidates will be required to complete the Sexual Misconduct Disclosure Form as required WA HB 2327.
- Responsible for directing and managing the operation of South Seattle College Cont. Ed Department which is comprised of non-credit, contract, and self-support offerings. Responsibilities include but not limited to: producing quarterly schedule for classes (typically 100+ classes ), administering the program (room scheduling, payroll, instructor hiring, program troubleshooting etc.), creating new courses/programs, seeking new contracts, recruiting and partnering with providers for courses and programs, working with department and division deans to create and market self-support opportunities.
- Oversee program operations including overseeing registration practices, overseeing instructor support, student evaluations, and establishing new procedures as needed.
- Lead the college's effort to establish and expand cannabis-focused instructional programming under the active direction of the VP of Instruction and the President, and in partnership with other Instructional leaders, and in collaboration with stakeholders across the campus.
- Establish new and sustaining partnerships with cannabis industry for the benefit of developing well-informed workforce development and instructional programming
- Oversee Career and Technical Education Teacher Preparation program including scheduling classes, hiring qualified instructors and complying with specific program related WA State standards
- Provide strategic planning for growth of Cont. Ed. program including quarterly goal setting and writing annual business plan that sets up program for continued growth and increased profitability.
- Work collaboratively with other Cont. Ed. Directors and the Corporate Training Director within the Seattle Colleges system to deliver programming, refine best practices across the District, and provide an ever-evolving and consistently strong and motivating user experience.
- Manage an annual schedule of enrichment education, non-credit certificates, and online learning options to meet community and program needs.
- Collaborate with other campus leaders and community partners to offer new programming and integrate Cont. Ed. into the core of the West Seattle community.
- Identify and develop new revenue streams including but not limited to partnerships with training providers, online learning vendors, and/or schools.
- Supervise all Cont. Ed. Staff including recruitment and hiring, ongoing training and development, annual evaluations, and conflict resolution.
- Coordinate with campus and district leaders to secure needed resources and support for Cont. Ed.
- Fiscal management including annual budget planning, ongoing revenue and expense tracking, and developing income statement in line with best practices.
- Oversee marketing including target market identification, setting marketing budget, setting course prices, catalog review, website review, and writing content.
- Bachelor's degree in related field or 4 years professional experience working directly with students in higher education setting with education management.
- Passion for providing educational access to underserved populations and commitment to furthering social justice and equity to meet educational goals.
- Understanding of EDI principles and implementation.
- Knowledge of adult education and experience with recruiting and mentoring instructors. Experience teaching or training adults.
- Demonstrated project management skills with specific experience in designing, planning and executing educational programs.
- Experience in education management.
- Experience developing and managing budgets.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with instructors, staff, business and professional organizations, community partners and the general public to provide appropriate educational programs.
- Experience marketing and promoting programs.
- Minimum of three years' supervisory experience.
- Computer proficiency including Word, Excel, and Outlook and experience using database software platforms.
- Strong commitment to collaborating with various internal and external partners with a focus on collaboration, equity, and inclusion to best meet the needs of the population we serve.
- Ability to perform range of physical motions, exerting up to 25 pounds; lifting and carrying up to 25 pounds; standing, walking, sitting for long periods of time, kneeling, squatting, and stooping; and traversing up and down stairs.
Seattle Colleges are committed to recruiting dedicated faculty and staff who together create a welcoming academic climate that reflects the diverse backgrounds of our community, including ethnicity, national origin, religion, race, gender, gender identity, age, status as a veteran or disabled veteran, disability, political status, and sexual orientation.
To apply, visit https://hcprd.ctclink.us/psp/tam/EMPLOYEE/HRMS/c/HRS_HRAM_FL.HRS_CG_SEARCH_FL.GBL?Page=HRS_APP_JBPST_FL&Action=U&FOCUS=Applicant&SiteId=60&JobOpeningId=10525&PostingSeq=1
Copyright 2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency