Eastern Washington University invites applications for a new leadership position, the Director of Eastern Online. This position oversees, directs and manages the Eastern Online department as a coordinated effort with academic disciplines and in accordance with the mission and goals of Eastern Washington University. This position supervises the Eastern Online support and development staff.
This position directs and manages the development and delivery of online courses, identifies academic programs for online delivery, assists in the coordination of marketing of online programs, and plans and manages the online and hybrid course faculty development.
Position is open until further notice; screening will begin in February. All materials will be held in strictest confidence; references will not be contacted until candidates have been notified.
Eastern Washington University is committed to increasing the diversity of its faculty, staff, students, and academic program offerings and to strengthening sensitivity to diversity throughout the institution. Eastern Washington University is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer, and applications from members of historically underrepresented groups are especially encouraged.
* Doctoral degree in Learning Technologies, Educational Technologies or Instructional Design; ABD with completion within three months of hire, will be considered
* Experience teaching online in higher education
* Demonstrated management skills
* Demonstrated interest, experience and/or ability to promote cultural competency and/or diversity
* Experience in faculty training and development