This ad is expired.
Associate Director of Online Teaching and Learning
Associate Director of Online Teaching and Learning - SPS, reporting to the Director of Academic Affairs, has a vital role for the development, management, and quality assurance for online courses and programs. The Associate Director serves as the primary administrator responsible for ensuring that online courses and programs meet quality assurance metrics; and leads the development, implementation, and assessment of online courses and focuses on both quality and innovation in online learning. This role will be involved in the strategic planning for online programs and will implement market research in collaboration with key stakeholders to review future program opportunities.
This position is considered a Responsible Employee under Title IX federal regulations and Mandatory Reporter under Texas state law and the UIW Sexual Misconduct Policy. As a Mandatory Reporter, this position requires you as the employee to promptly report any incident that you witness or receive information about violating Title IX. These reporting responsibilities are set out in the UIW Sexual Misconduct Policy.
Knowledge Skills and Abilities
- Sensitivity to and understanding of the diverse academic, socio-economic, cultural, disability, and ethnic backgrounds of staff, faculty, and students.
- Ability to work and effectively communicate with students, parents, and colleagues from diverse communities and cultural backgrounds.
- Demonstrated ability to work with internal and external stakeholders in the delivery of online education.
- Expertise using key technologies including learning management systems, Microsoft Office, analytical tools and educational technologies.
- The ability to analyze data to improve online enrollments, student outcomes, and the design and delivery of online instruction and programming.
- Ability to conduct analysis and develop recommendations, demonstrating organization and problem-solving skills. Demonstrated skill in consulting and needs assessment/requirements gathering.
- Ability to develop clientele/partners, promoting and demonstrating the value of our services to campus, faculty and staff. Strong analytical, verbal, written and interpersonal communication, and customer-service skills.
- Excellent presentation skills.
- Enthusiasm for researching and experimenting with emerging classroom and web technologies.
- Demonstrated ability to manage projects within set timelines.
- Ability to work effectively with individuals from diverse communities and cultures.
- Employee shall adhere to all applicable rules and regulations of the University, the Conference, and the NCAA.
Required Work Experience
- Minimum of 3 years of professional experience leading teams and/or projects in higher education.
- Minimum of 2 years of experience developing/designing online teaching or training programs or modules.
- Doctoral Degree.
- Experience working with professional and continuing education programs in higher education, non-profit, or governmental organization.
- Proficiency in Spanish.
Required Certifications, Licenses or Registrations
Mon-Fri 8am to 5pm with extended hours as needed to meet departmental goals.
Posting Number: AS1212PO
Job Category: Administrator (exempt)
Desired Start Date: 10/01/2021
Position End Date (if temporary):
Reports To: Dr. Osman Ozturgut
Open Date: 09/20/2021
Open Until Filled: Yes
Special Instructions to Applicant
To apply, visit https://jobs.uiw.edu/postings/17584
UIW is committed to a policy of equal opportunity in employment, without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, citizenship status, national origin, age, marital status, disability, genetic information, gender identity or expression, veteran status, pregnancy, and religion.
Copyright 2021 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency