Associate Degree Nursing (ADN) and Continuing Nursing Education (CNE) Program Manager, R21031
Salary: Depends on Qualifications
Location: Bellevue WA, WA
Job Type: Full Time
Division: Academic Affairs
Job Number: R21031
Job Status: Full-TimeNot Eligible for OvertimeNon-Represented
The Program Manager supports the delivery of instruction and student success by administering, organizing and managing student guidance, recruitment and operations of specific programs within the Health Sciences, Education & Wellness Institute (HSEWI), Academic Affairs Division.
Programs supported by this position:
- Associate Degree Nursing (ADN)
- Continuing Nursing Education (CNE) & Registered Nurse Refresher (RNR)
COMPREHENSIVE WAGE AND BENEFIT PACKAGE
Annual salary range begins at $55,000 and will be commensurate with candidate's qualifications and related experience.
We offer comprehensive compensation package with salary and benefits as the main components. Generous benefits package is offered through Washington State plans that includes multiple medical, dental, life and disability coverage choices for employees and dependents; choices of retirement and deferred compensation plans; paid holidays, sick, and vacation plans; transit program, reduced tuition, employee discounts and memberships, etc.
For more details about Bellevue College's excellent employee benefits, please visit the Benefits section, next to the Description section.
ABOUT THE COLLEGE
Bellevue College is a diverse student-centered, comprehensive and innovative college, committed to teaching excellence that advances the life-long educational development of its students while strengthening the economic, social and cultural life of its diverse community. Bellevue College is located just 10 miles east of Seattle where we serve a student population of over 44% students of color and over 1,100 international students. The college promotes student success by providing high-quality, flexible, accessible educational programs and services; advancing pluralism, inclusion and global awareness; and acting as a catalyst and collaborator for a vibrant region.
We strive to create a vibrant and inclusive campus community that supports a diverse student body, faculty and staff. As an essential part of our mission and goals, diversity, equity and pluralism are promoted and fostered in all aspects of college life. By enriching student life through leadership opportunities, personal learning and cultural experiences, we are committed to building an inclusive and diverse campus community that fosters creativity, innovation and student success.
ABOUT THE DEPARTMENT
The Health Sciences, Education & Wellness Institute (HSEWI) fosters successful completion of our diverse students' education goals, as well as advocates life-long wellness, learning, teaching, and service excellence. We provide a wide variety of accessible, rigorous, and engaging professional/technical courses, programs, and credentials that are responsive to individual, institutional, and community needs, prospects, and opportunities. Our Institute is comprised of sixteen unique programs which focus on providing excellent education and training for many professions in healthcare, education, and wellness.
- Guide prospective and current students by providing them with accurate information regarding each program, admission process, registration procedures, prerequisites, financial aid, and student services.
- Meet with students in person via phone, online, scheduled or drop-in appointments.
- Create, maintain and update educational plans for each current nursing student.
- Compile and review information session content for accuracy (virtual and/or in-person).
- Facilitate regular information sessions.
- Prepare and process program applications based on the number of admit cycles determined by each program.
- Compile and review files with required documentation for accepted students.
- Setup each cohort application in NursingCAS system, manage scoring and assignments for each application cycle.
- Communicate program requirements and admissions decisions to all applicants. Respond to questions about why their applications were denied. Meet with applicants who were not accepted to review and improve future applications as requested.
- Unofficially evaluate transcripts for ADN program applicants and score GPAs in application system.
- Coordinate with evaluations department when necessary to assist in credit review process.
- Submit accepted students to Enrollment Services, Evaluations, and Financial aid on a cyclical basis.
- Analyze and process information to develop each program's annual academic catalogue and quarterly class schedules.
- Build classes in the Bellevue College Course Management system (HP, soon to be ctcLink), schedule rooms in 25Live and publish schedule quarterly.
- Collaborate with Program Chair to ensure curriculum updates are implemented into the system such as footnotes and fees.
- Create and distribute entry codes.
- Coordinate with Office of Academic Affairs to ensure faculty evaluations are setup properly.
Data & Site Management
- Collect syllabi and other quarterly forms for retention.
- Compile, analyze, and distribute program and general student data; coordinate with Enrollment Services and Effectiveness and Strategic Planning as needed.
- Manage document management system (i.e. SharePoint) for each program.
- Run various DATAX reports in HP system.
- Coordinate with Evaluations on course substitutions, non-traditional credit forms, and graduation applications.
- Collect data for accreditation, Nursing Commission and Department of Health reports.
- Create, update, and distribute ADN, CNE and RNR program surveys via Qualtrics.
- Disaggregate data from closed surveys and post to document management system.
- Manage and maintain program website in content management system (i.e. WordPress) in collaboration with Bachelor of Science in Nursing (RN-BSN), Nursing Assistant Certificate (NAC) Program Manager and according to division standards.
- Keep each program website up to date with information about the program, admission process, prerequisites and links to Bellevue College financial aid, student services and other useful information/tools for students.
- Reconcile and analyze program budgets, expenditures, class fees & costs, and process payroll (PAFs), accounts payable, transfers, travel and other reimbursements.
- Compile reports for revenue/profit streams.
- Reconcile procurement card transactions monthly.
- Process faculty payroll quarterly (PAFs).
- Process finance paperwork (Travel Requisitions, Travel Expense Vouchers, A19s, Budget Transfers, Meals with Meetings, etc.).
- Submit and track Purchase Order requests.
- Analyze and recommend expenditures consistent with budget limits.
- Track expenses to ensure that the budget is on track.
- Analyze and influence necessary changes for future budget requests.
- Ensure accurate and ethical stewardship of college funds.
Marketing & Outreach
- Collaborate with Associate Dean of Nursing and Program Chair(s) of ADN, CNE and RNR to develop annual marketing and recruitment plan for each program.
- Create, develop, compile and write communications and promotional literature for distribution via marketing materials (i.e. flyers, posters, brochures, etc.).
- Manage and maintain program social media platforms (i.e. Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, etc.) according to college and division standards.
- Collaborate with Institutional Advancement office to create digital and print materials that are in line with Bellevue College branding and college policies.
- Work to create and develop methods of advertising and community outreach based on target audience of program.
- Collaborate with other campus departments to organize events and disseminate information about programs.
- Support HSEWI Academic Advisor in participating in Campus outreach events.
- Monitor student registration activities; student retention and report to the Program Chair/Director as necessary.
- Submit lists of enrolled/dropped students to Student Services departments.
- Analyze student enrollment fluctuations.
- Provide Nursing Clinical Coordinator with enrollment information and assistance with tracking student completion of requirements.
- Collaborate with the Nursing Clinical Coordinator to provide data and assist with moving students through the process.
- Stay current on requirements and program procedures related to student placements.
- Serve as back up for the Nursing Clinical Coordinator to facilitate student progress.
- Follow campus procedures to organize program related meetings/events (campus catering, meals with meetings, Advisory Committee policies, etc.).
- Record and distribute meeting minutes and administer reporting for advisory committee meetings.
- Organize other special events.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent combination of relevant educational and work experience may be substituted for the educational requirement on a year-for-year basis
- Three years of related experience in a capacity that involves customer service, finance management, marketing, recruiting, organizing work flow, implementing policies and procedures, information compilation, graphic design, publishing and database management
- Experience providing customer service to the public/special groups/clients
- Experience with budgeting and finance
- Advanced experience with Microsoft Office, SharePoint, and WordPress
- Effective written and verbal communication skills
- Experience building constructive relationships with students and peers characterized by a high level of acceptance, cooperation and mutual regard
- Creative problem-solving skills while staying within the parameters of good practice; generates unique, workable, and useful solutions to difficult problems; actively contributes to a work environment that embraces diversity and diverse perspectives to enhance the attainment of organizational goals.
- Ability to work effectively with diverse groups and a commitment to cultural pluralism
- Must be able to work an occasional alternate schedule, such as evenings or weekend.
- Experience working in Project/Program management
- Experience working in Higher Education in a student facing position
- Knowledge of HSEWI programs
- Marketing, recruiting and/or promotional experience (Social Media)
- Experience evaluating and assessing data
- Experience using LEAN principles in process improvement, business operations, or Project/Program management
SPECIAL INSTRUCTIONS FOR APPLICANTS
Application deadline is now extended through 05/24/2021 to receive a first consideration. Applications received after that date may be considered until the position is filled. This position is not eligible for relocation allowance.
Prior to start an employment, a background check will be conducted. Information from the background check will not necessarily preclude employment, but will be considered in determining the applicant's suitability and competence to perform in the position.
How To Apply:
Click on the word Apply at the top right corner of the job announcement.
Individuals interested in this position are encouraged to apply. Your application must include a complete online application and all of the required documents below to be considered complete. Any application that does not provide all requested information will be considered incomplete and will not be screened for the position.
- Complete an online Application
- Attach a Cover Letter
- Attach a Curriculum Vitae/Resume
- Attach a Diversity Statement (minimum 1 page, maximum 2 pages) that addresses the following: Please provide specific examples of how your educational and/or professional experiences, background or philosophy demonstrate your commitment to diversity and equity, and how these prepare you to contribute to Bellevue College
To apply, visit https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/bellevuecollege/jobs/3052458/associate-degree-nursing-adn-and-continuing-nursing-education-cne-program-man
Bellevue College is an equal opportunity employer committed to providing equal opportunity and nondiscrimination to applicants and employees without regard to race or ethnicity; creed; color; national origin; sex; marital status; sexual orientation; age; religion; genetic information; the presence of any sensory, mental, or physical disability; or whether a disabled or Vietnam-era veteran. Please see policy 4100 at www.bellevuecollege.edu/policies/. Applicants with disabilities who require assistance with the recruitment process may contact email@example.com or 425-564-2271. The following people have been designated to handle inquiries regarding non-discrimination policies: Title IX Coordinator, 425-564- 2641, Office C227, and EEOC/504 Compliance Officer, 425-564- 2178, Office R130.
Copyright 2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency