Account Manager (Online/Remote)
Requisition Number: ACCOU003267
Location: Online / RemoteOnline / Remote
American Public University System
The position reports directly to the Associate Vice President for Client Services. It is responsible for the account management of established partnerships. The role will be assigned to one of the following sectors to manage Academic Outreach, Public Safety, Corporate, Federal, Third Party Partners. They are responsible for strengthening and growing these relationships as well as retaining current partnerships. This includes the promotion of the University System and its programs to current accounts and prospective students associated with those accounts. They establish and maintain relationships with organizations across industries and their key influencers to include executives, senior corporate leaders, mid-level managers and business development counterparts within the University.
- Manages assigned accounts working to increase account penetration
- Develops and enhances relationships with key influencers and stakeholders within assigned accounts
- Seeks out and establishes key outreach opportunities to promote the University and its programs through collateral, events, communications, content, placements, distinctions, etc.
- Establishes quarterly goals and tactics to achieve those goals for key accounts
- Creates and collaborates to create key items for events and outreach opportunities
- Maintain the onboarding, launch and continual activation of their assigned accounts
- Obtain and analyze metric and reporting data on partnership performance, develop and execute strategies to bring enhanced experiences and success to partners to meet their employee development needs through account management and establishing awareness for opportunities for their business development counterpart
- Maintains confidentiality of all APUS information.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining professional networks; participating in professional organizations.
- Documents all account management using customer relationship management (CRM) tool.
- Prepare briefings and present information to internal and external stakeholders regarding trends, issues and opportunities.
- Works closely in a team with designated APUS business develop professionals for responsible market sector
Contact (types and levels - internal and external)
- External contacts may include executive, senior and mid-level managers at private corporations and associations, and current and prospective students.
- Internal contacts may include fellow APUS employees up to and including the executive level and APUS students.
- Strong listening and presentation skills
- Must have exceptional presentation skills, and the ability to "think on their feet."
- Must have excellent verbal, written, communication and interpersonal skills with a strong customer focus
- Must be self-motivated
- Account Management and CRM system knowledge
- Ability to manage and grow existing accounts
- Ability to establish priorities among multiple tasks
- Ability to operate independently to accomplish the assigned mission
- Ability to make logical decisions that support the intended objective, considering the best interests of APUS
- Professionalism and high degree of emotional intelligence
Preferred Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's Degree from an accredited institution required, Master's Degree preferred
- Prior account management experience in an academic setting preferred.
- Two to Four years' experience with demonstrated success in account management, business development, corporate outreach or lead generation; preferably in the education industry.
- Work experience within the law enforcement space preferred.
- Graduate of the FBI National Academy and/or experience within local leadership of an FOP lodge a plus.
- Must be fluent in Microsoft Office applications and use standard electronic resources.
- Experience with Salesforce.com preferred.
- Ability to motivate others preferred.
Work Environment and Physical Demands:
- Work is primarily performed in a remote setting with a home office or onsite at partners location
- Requires up to 25% local and distance travel. Travel via plane, car, and public transportation may be required to perform this job
- Must have the flexibility to work more than 40 hours per week when business needs warrant.
- Must be able to lift 25 lbs.
- Mobility within the office including movement from floor to floor
- Access information using a computer
- Effectively communicate, both up and down the management chain
Colorado Pay Law/NYC Pay Transparency Law
If you are a Colorado or New York City resident and this role is available in Colorado, New York City or remote, you may be eligible to receive additional information about the compensation and benefits for this role, which we will provide upon request. Please send an email to email@example.com
American Public University System (APUS) is an Online University based in Charles Town, WV. Our company has over 100,000 students. Our emphasis is educating our nation's military and public services communities with quality and affordable education. APUS provides partnership and commitment in helping students realize the dream of a higher education and the opportunities that brings.
It is the policy of American Public University System (APUS) and American Public Education, Inc. (APEI) to afford equal opportunity to all qualified persons. We treat all qualified individuals equally as to their recruitment, hiring, assignments, advancements, compensation, and all other terms and conditions of employment. of American Public University System (APUS) does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, or physical, mental, or sensory disability, or any other characteristic protected by law.
To apply, visit https://recruiting.ultipro.com/AME1070/JobBoard/711bd40f-864c-42db-8c62-3c62f2edc13f/OpportunityDetail?opportunityId=407a9609-d0e5-4188-bc60-4c39ca80e2e9
Copyright 2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency jeid-1202c4437b9fcc458313d22598489c99