This ad is expired.
Accessibility and Online Learning Librarian
Founded in 1898, Northeastern is a global research university and the recognized leader in experience-driven lifelong learning. Our world-renowned experiential approach empowers our students, faculty, alumni, and partners to create impact far beyond the confines of discipline, degree, and campus.
Our locations-in Boston; Charlotte, North Carolina; London; Portland, Maine; San Francisco; Seattle; Silicon Valley; Toronto; Vancouver; and the Massachusetts communities of Burlington and Nahant-are nodes in our growing global university system. Through this network, we expand opportunities for flexible, student-centered learning and collaborative, solutions-focused research.
Northeastern's comprehensive array of undergraduate and graduate programs- in a variety of on-campus and online formats-lead to degrees through the doctorate in nine colleges and schools. Among these, we offer more than 195 multi-discipline majors and degrees designed to prepare students for purposeful lives and careers.
About the Opportunity:
The Northeastern University Library invites applications for the role of Accessibility and Online Learning Librarian, an essential position in a growing portfolio of services supporting students and faculty in over 70 online programs.
Reporting to the Manager of Global Campus Engagement and Online Learning, the Accessibility and Online Learning Librarian participates in the accessible design and integration of the Library's array of learning tools and electronic resources, with a focus on Northeastern's online programs and Global Campuses.
The Accessibility and Online Learning Librarian serves as a member of the Research and Instruction Department in providing research assistance and instruction to faculty and students in online programs, including proactively seeking faculty partners for the integration of information literacy into online courses. The candidate will also collaborate with liaisons in the Research and Instruction Department to coordinate and develop accessible instruction support for online and distance programs. This position is a remote work position.
Key responsibilities include:
- Subject Librarian/Liaison: Liaise to programs in the College of Professional Studies, serving as a key resource for their faculty, students, and staff in order to advance the library's integration into teaching, learning, and scholarship activities.
- Teaching, Learning, and Research Support: Collaborate with faculty to design and deliver course-based modules, tutorials, or webinars on information literacy. Provide open workshops on citation tools, discovery tools, and other knowledge areas/tools supporting the curriculum. Provide research support such as scheduled consultations, drop-in research help, classroom instruction, or virtual assistance.
- Outreach: Maintain frequent, ongoing communication with faculty in assigned disciplines, Global Campus sites, and the Disability Resource Center to actively support teaching and research, and to promote library services and initiatives.
- Specialized Support: Access and Accessibility
- Provide training and documentation about best practices in accessibility for online learning for library staff. Conduct accessibility checks on library tutorials. Work with Resource and Discovery Services, Information Delivery and Access Services and the Disability Resource Center to develop and share workflows for requesting accessible course readings. Stay up to date on accessible teaching practices and universal design for learning with an eye to how they might be incorporated into Northeastern University Library's online learning program.
- MLS from an ALA-accredited program.
- Experience working with online learning technologies in a collaborative environment.
- Working knowledge of accessible design principles, as well as information literacy and research support in an academic library.
- Experience using online learning applications, including screencasting and video conferencing software, presentation tools, and LibGuides.
- Excellent communication, presentation, interpersonal and organizational skills, including strong time-management skills.
- Commitment to staying up to date with online teaching and learning trends, especially as they relate to accessible and inclusive teaching.
- Commitment to a culture of customer service excellence.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule that may include some evening hours.
- Subject expertise in STEM
Northeastern University is an equal opportunity employer, seeking to recruit and support a broadly diverse community of faculty and staff. Northeastern values and celebrates diversity in all its forms and strives to foster an inclusive culture built on respect that affirms inter-group relations and builds cohesion.
All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
To learn more about Northeastern University's commitment and support of diversity and inclusion, please see www.northeastern.edu/diversity.
To learn more about the Northeastern University Library's commitment and support of diversity and inclusion, please see https://library.northeastern.edu/about/statement-on-diversity-equity-and-inclusion.
To apply, visit https://careers.pageuppeople.com/879/cw/en-us/job/508455
Copyright 2021 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency