This ad is expired.
Academic Advisor, MCIT - Penn Engineering Online (Hybrid Eligible)
The University of Pennsylvania, the largest private employer in Philadelphia, is a world-renowned leader in education, research, and innovation. This historic, Ivy League school consistently ranks among the top 10 universities in the annual U.S. News & World Report survey. Penn has 12 highly-regarded schools that provide opportunities for undergraduate, graduate and continuing education, all influenced by Penn's distinctive interdisciplinary approach to scholarship and learning. As an employer Penn has been ranked nationally on many occasions with the most recent award from Forbes who named Penn one of America's Best Large Employers in 2023.
Penn offers a unique working environment within the city of Philadelphia. The University is situated on a beautiful urban campus, with easy access to a range of educational, cultural, and recreational activities. With its historical significance and landmarks, lively cultural offerings, and wide variety of atmospheres, Philadelphia is the perfect place to call home for work and play.
The University offers a competitive benefits package that includes excellent healthcare and tuition benefits for employees and their families, generous retirement benefits, a wide variety of professional development opportunities, supportive work and family benefits, a wealth of health and wellness programs and resources, and much more.
COVID-19 vaccination or a University authorized exemption is a requirement for all positions at the University of Pennsylvania. For more information about Penn's vaccine requirements, visit the Penn COVID-19 Response website for the latest information.
Posted Job Title
Academic Advisor, MCIT - Penn Engineering Online (Hybrid Eligible)
Job Profile Title
Job Description Summary
Penn Engineering's world-acclaimed faculty, state-of-the-art research laboratories and highly interdisciplinary curricula offer an experience that is unparalleled. Innovation and technology drive every program and transform the fundamentals of what future engineers are learning. http://www.seas.upenn.edu/
Penn Engineering Online is seeking a passionate higher education professional with experience in graduate-level academic advising for non-traditional, mid-career professional, or adult learners, providing students with the resources, information, and support they need to achieve their goals. The Academic Advisor supports students that are enrolled in the at-scale MCIT Online graduate degree program through the full course of the program from acceptance through graduation.
The Academic Advisor in Penn Engineering Online will support students that are enrolled in the at-scale MCIT Online graduate degree program through the full course of the program from acceptance through graduation. Foster student success and retention by advising students through multiple communication platforms, tracking student progress, and serving as a resource for the course teams. Additionally, develop and implement community engagement initiatives such as virtual and in-person events. Reporting to the Academic Advising Manager, the Academic Advisor will join a collaborative team that is continually innovating and streamlining processes in a positive and dynamic work environment.
- Conduct day-to-day communication with degree students and advisees via email, phone, texting, office hours, and video-conferencing in a warm and professional manner ensuring that all correspondence is addressed within 24 hours of receipt. Advise students on curriculum, program policies, time management, etc. Connect students to University resources as needed. Host 2 - 4 weekend and evening advising sessions each month (weekday hours will be adjusted accordingly).
- Track and maintain student records by processing course-level petitions, performing degree audits, and reviewing prerequisite errors.
- Create and maintain program information for students: Support new student onboarding by assisting with initial account set-up, planning information sessions, setting and communicating important dates and deadlines, etc. Develop and maintain online resources for students such as: the onboarding course, graduation course, supplemental resources.
- Promote community engagement with various efforts including but not limited to: coordinating online seminars and student networking events, enrolling students in MOOCs, monitoring and seeding student Slack workspace and LinkedIn group, supporting in-person meet-ups and annual events such as Homecoming and Commencement, and SPARC.
- Cross-train as an integral member of the Penn Engineering Online Student Affairs team. Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree and a minimum of two years of experience, preferably in student affairs or advising, or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong customer service skills and attention-to-detail
- Demonstrated experience developing and managing large student events
- Comfortable working with, analyzing, interpreting and reporting on data
- Experience with admissions and/or student data systems strongly preferred
- Basic Excel skills such as sorting and formulas
- Proficient with GSuite and Adobe Acrobat
Hybrid Schedule: 2 days in office, 3 days work from home
Evening and weekend work is required.
Job Location - City, State
Hybrid Eligible - This position is eligible for a hybrid work schedule with a work week divided between working onsite and working remotely.
Department / School
School of Engineering and Applied Science
$24.13 - $36.36
Salary offers are made based on the candidate's qualifications, experience, skills, and education as they directly relate to the requirements of the position, as well as internal and market factors and grade profile.
Affirmative Action Statement
Penn adheres to a policy that prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, creed, national or ethnic origin, citizenship status, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected class.
Background check required after a conditional job offer is made. Consideration of the background check will be tailored to the requirements of the job.
- Health, Life, and Flexible Spending Accounts: Penn offers comprehensive medical, prescription, behavioral health, dental, vision, and life insurance benefits to protect you and your family's health and welfare. You can also use flexible spending accounts to pay for eligible health care and dependent care expenses with pre-tax dollars.
- Tuition: Take advantage of Penn's exceptional tuition benefits. You, your spouse, and your dependent children can get tuition assistance here at Penn. Your dependent children are also eligible for tuition assistance at other institutions.
- Retirement: Penn offers generous retirement plans to help you save for your future. Penn's Basic, Matching, and Supplemental retirement plans allow you to save for retirement on a pre-tax or Roth basis. Choose from a wide variety of investment options through TIAA and Vanguard.
- Time Away from Work: Penn provides you with a substantial amount of time away from work during the course of the year. This allows you to relax, take vacations, attend to personal affairs, recover from illness or injury, spend time with family-whatever your personal needs may be.
- Long-Term Care Insurance: In partnership with Genworth Financial, Penn offers faculty and staff (and your eligible family members) long-term care insurance to help you cover some of the costs of long-term care services received at home, in the community or in a nursing facility. If you apply when you're newly hired, you won't have to provide proof of good health or be subject to underwriting requirements. Eligible family members must always provide proof of good health and are subject to underwriting.
- Wellness and Work-life Resources: Penn is committed to supporting our faculty and staff as they balance the competing demands of work and personal life. That's why we offer a wide variety of programs and resources to help you care for your health, your family, and your work-life balance.
- Professional and Personal Development: Penn provides an array of resources to help you advance yourself personally and professionally.
- University Resources: As a member of the Penn community, you have access to a wide range of University resources as well as cultural and recreational activities. Take advantage of the University's libraries and athletic facilities, or visit our arboretum and art galleries. There's always something going on at Penn, whether it's a new exhibit at the Penn Museum, the latest music or theater presentation at the Annenberg Center, or the Penn Relays at Franklin Field to name just a few examples. As a member of the Penn community, you're right in the middle of the excitement-and you and your family can enjoy many of these activities for free.
- Discounts and Special Services: From arts and entertainment to transportation and mortgages, you'll find great deals for University faculty and staff. Not only do Penn arts and cultural centers and museums offer free and discounted admission and memberships to faculty and staff. You can also enjoy substantial savings on other goods and services such as new cars from Ford and General Motors, cellular phone service plans, movie tickets, and admission to theme parks.
- Flexible Work Hours: Flexible work options offer creative approaches for completing work while promoting balance between work and personal commitments. These approaches involve use of non-traditional work hours, locations, and/or job structures.
- Penn Home Ownership Services: Penn offers a forgivable loan for eligible employees interested in buying a home or currently residing in West Philadelphia, which can be used for closing costs or home improvements.
- Adoption Assistance: Penn will reimburse eligible employees on qualified expenses in connection with the legal adoption of an eligible child, such as travel or court fees, for up to two adoptions in your household.
To learn more, please visit: https://www.hr.upenn.edu/PennHR/benefits-pay
To apply, visit https://wd1.myworkdaysite.com/en-US/recruiting/upenn/careers-at-penn/job/3600-Market-Street/Academic-Advisor--MCIT---Penn-Engineering-Online--Hybrid-Eligible-_JR00070892
Copyright 2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency