531383 – Student Success Coach – FIU Online
The Student Success Coach will assist fully online degree students with understanding thevariety of opportunities and resources within the University, meeting expectations andresponsibilities. Responsible for introducing and encouraging participation in university supportservices, student academic programs and cultivating habits that will result in academic successwithin the online environment.
- Assesses and identifies high-risk fully online students and connects them to university resources (i.e.: tutoring, writing center, etc) to increase student success and program completion.
- Creates and implements student communication and academic progress plan per academic term for individual students, as well as, assigned student focus groups.
- Develops professional relationships with students to coach and fosters developmental conversations to motivate students towards achieving educational goals. Communicates with international students as needed.
- Collaborates and escalates potential issues with Academic Advisors to provide students with necessary academic interventions for early alert or other academic needs.
- Collaborates with the System Support and Development Team to customize student performance data and reporting accessibility within the Salesforce Student Information System.
- Gathers and analyzes data within all platforms (Canvas, Salesforce, etc) to identify trends, opportunities, and provides goal-oriented recommendations to ensure student retention.
- Facilitates with overall retention efforts of the University including, but not limited to: data audits, university withdrawals, re-admissions, mid-term grade checks, and registration hold reviews.
- Collaborates with internal taskforce to identify new student focus group opportunities.
- Manages, maintains, and resolves all Salesforce student cases as created and/or assigned.
Bachelor's degree and two (2) years of appropriate experience, or Master's degree.
Ability to work flexible hours between 8am-8pm (Monday - Friday).
- Experience working with students in an educational setting.
- Experience in a sales environment.
- Experience using a Customer Relationship Management (CRM) system.
- Experience utilizing a diverse range of technologies.
- Ability to communicate (oral and written) in Spanish.
Begin time: 9:00 AM
End time: 5:30 PM
*Ability to work flexible hours between 8am-8pm (Monday - Friday).
Criminal Background Check
For further information or to apply, please visit careers.fiu.edu and reference Job Opening ID #531383.
Florida Statute 1010.35 - Screening Foreign Researchers
Pursuant to Florida law, any citizen of a foreign county who is not a permanent resident of the U.S., or who is a citizen or permanent resident but is affiliated with or has had at least 1 year of employment or training in China, Russia, Iran, North Korea, Cuba, Venezuela, or Syria is subject to additional screening.Applicants meeting those criteria will be required to provide the following information in the application: every institution of higher education attended; all previous employment since the applicant's 18th birthday; list of all published material, current and pending research funding from any source, including details about the research, your role, funding source, and amount; list and description of any non-university professional activities; any affiliation with an institution or program in a foreign country; a complete copy of your passport; the most recently submitted DS-160 (Online Nonimmigrant Visa Application).
In compliance with the Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Crime Statistics Act, the University Police department at Florida International University provides information on crimes statistics, crime prevention, law enforcement, crime reporting, and other related issues for the past three (3) calendar years. The FIU Annual Security report is available online at: https://police.fiu.edu/download/annual-security-fire-safety-report/.
To obtain a paper copy of the report, please visit the FIU Police Department located at 885 SW 109th Avenue, Miami, FL, 33199 (PG5 Market Station).
Florida International University will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information.
FIU is a member of the State University System of Florida and an Equal Opportunity, Equal Access Affirmative Action Employer all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Copyright 2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency